Monday 23 March 2015

Your Lie In April - Full series review

Okay first, Sorry I'm not active.
Second, I know the series ended on Thursday, but I just needed time to collect myself!!
Anyway;
 
 
Overall review 4.5 / 5 Emotional Piano Keys

Your Lie in April sent me on a more feelsy trip than Clannad.
That speaks volume.
If I were to put into words the amount of feels there were. I would just have to say:
ASDFGHJKL
 

Plot:
Shigatsu Wa Kimi no Uso or Your Lie in April, follows Kousei Arima; a former pianist. The series starts with Kousei in high school, with his friends Tsubaki and Watari. When invited on a double date with the two, he meets Kaori Miyazono, Watari's date for the day. But he happens to bump into her in the park before the date and his world takes on a whole new set of colours. From the on he is known as 'Friend A' to Kaori as she gets him back to his beloved piano.
 
I really liked how this season spread out its story over the episodes and the music was just beautiful. The way each character development rolled throughout the series was amazing and I really felt that you got to know each character. Although I felt Watari was an exception to this as we don't really find out a lot about him we only know he has a lot of girls after him and is dating more than one girl at once.
 
-*SPOILERRRRRS*-
The reason I gave it 4.5 out of 5 is because although I love Kousei and his transformation, I felt like the way he just kept on transforming (one minute stumbling the next professional) I felt it was a bit all over the place and repetitive. I also felt that the way the series ended was very sudden and I wasn't able to properly grieve about it Kaori's death. Don't get me wrong, I still cried, I just thought that it kinda just... Happened. I do believe though, the ending was very realistic and I really respect how the mangaka took the un-cliché route with this one. Looking past these points, this was a damn good series and I genuinely enjoyed watching it.
 
Photos:

       


  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment